Digital Design is moving very quickly. Kin + Carta Connect bring two decades of digital innovation providing direct input on practice and skills within the digital design & advertising field. They will support your learning, mentoring and studio visits in the second and third year ensuring you remain ahead of other graduates in this fast passed industry.
Print is alive and well having found its place in the digital age. Designing and preparing for print is a specialist skill involving fluid use of multiple applications. We have nearly 60 years experience in this area and you will be encouraged to produce real print using real supplies, building relationship through industry visits to printers and design agencies.
Truly industry ready designers are born from excellent support and mentoring. We believe you should have greater access to tutors not less! Our classes involve direct learning in small groups and you will have 100% tutor contact during your timetabled curriculum. Whether up-skilling or returning to education we aim to directly support your creative growth in preparation for work.
A grounding in Design & Communication Principles with a focus on Print Design.
Modules: Typography, Visual Literacy Application Skills 1, Branding, Advertising Contextual Practice 1 (written elements).
• Design & Branding communication principles
• Colour, composition, typography, imagery and design process
• Problem solving through research
• Specialist application skills in Print Design
• Idea generation & research skills
• Live projects client facing & pitching
• Placement Preparation
Industry set live projects, identifying specialisms with a focus on Screen Design.
Modules: Motion Design, UI Design Application Skills 2, Graphic Design & Branding Specialisms, Contextual Practice 2 (written elements).
• Screen Design & Branding specialist principles
• Personalisation of studies through Practice-Based Research
• Specialist application skills in Screen Design
• Industry briefing & pitching
• Introduction of Self-Directed studies
• Placement Opportunities
Engage your creative talents and independent thinking, with a focus on Screen & Print Design.
Modules: Professional Practice, Final Major Project, Contextual Practice 3 (written elements).
• Self-Directed Study & specialist direction
• Autonomous studies & collaboration
• Holistic application skills in Screen & Print Design
• Industry consultation on cross media projects
• National Student Competitions
• Placement Opportunities
Book Making | Digital Printing | Oversized Printing | Screen Printing | Tablets | Graphics Tablets | 3D Printer | 3D Scanner
Illustrator | InDesign | Photoshop | After Effects | WordPress CMS | Sketch | Distiller | XD
We welcome visits any time of the year. Please drop the course leader Alex Komlosy an email to provide at least two weeks notice or give us a call.
Graphic Design & Branding
60 Great Ducie St Manchester M3 1PT
Course Accredited by Sheffield Hallam University | All Content Copyright UCEN Manchester 2021